[Javascript] dynamic variables names

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Tue Jun 24 11:10:50 CDT 2003

Do you have a dynamic variable name? I would never use a
dynamic variable to be honest with you - or at least haven't ever
found the need for one yet, but from the looks of it below, you
don't have a dynamic variable, but rather you're trying to build
a reference to an image dynamically.

To do that, use the document.images collection and
build your string when targeting a specific element in that
collection:

document.images["nt_o" + i].src = "path/to/image.gif"

That's not a dynamic variable name - just so you're aware.

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com