[Javascript] dynamic variables names

Marcelo Simon grillo at lazzuri.com.br
Tue Jun 24 12:44:25 CDT 2003

Thanks for the answers, but they didn't solve my problem.

I didn't post the entire function, and that's why I think you say that I don't have a dynamic variable name. ( or maybe I'm wrong ), here's the function

function note(number){
 for ( var i=1; i < 6; i++){
  if ( i <= number ){
  alert(['nt_0'+i].src); // it's tracing undefined
   ['nt_o'+i].src = '../_img/1_note_0'+i+'_on.gif';
  } else {
   ['nt_o'+i].src = '../_img/1_note_0'+i+'_off.gif';

what I'm trying to accomplish, is to change some images from 1 to i based on the number I pass to the function (ie. if I pass 3, I want images 1,2 and 3 to be on and 4 and 5 to be off ), so if someone has a different approach to this please share.

Thanks again
Marcelo Simon