[Javascript] dynamic variables names

Smitha Ramaswamy smitha.ramaswamy at wipro.com
Wed Jun 25 00:18:45 CDT 2003

That was an enlightening mail exchange!
Thanks Chris!

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu
[mailto:javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu]On Behalf Of Chris Tifer
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 2:28 AM
To: [JavaScript List]
Subject: Re: [Javascript] dynamic variables names

Ok, I'm also very adept with ActionScript, so this works in the same manner.

If you had a movie on your root named "nt_o1", then you could reference it
the same
way:

_root["nt_o" + intCount].gotoAndPlay("startAnimation")

You're referencing the same way.  That movie clip named "nt_o1", etc are all
an array of objects (collection) of the _root

Hope that clears it up a little more.

You'll learn a lot here as long as you ask enough questions.

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com