[Javascript] accessing a form element

Håkan Magnusson hakan at backbase.com
Tue Apr 6 12:31:51 CDT 2004

The exaggaration is in your personal view of MSDN, but sure, we are all
free to think whatever we wish. I've always found Microsofts resources
very illogical, and their "tips" on how to work around bugs in their
software are truly laughable. Internet Explorer can't handle too many
dynamic images loading. Microsofts solution, to all the developers out
there who want to support their software? Don't use dynamic images.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269802

And, then, to state that Microsoft should be responsible for most of the
languages and techniques described on the web is really exaggarating it.
You state this by saying that MSDN is the most comprehensive collection
of Developer information on the net. I'm a developer in many areas of
software and the internet, and I can't find anything I need on MSDN. I
didn't find any docs covereing PostGreSQL. No PHP language overview. No
Java tutorial.

So maybe you did mean Microsoft propriety documentation after all, like
I stated in my earlier mail? And maybe you can imagine that even though
Microsoft do support "HTML" and "JavaScript" in some of their products,
their implementation is not necessarely (very rarely) the standard, or
even the correct one. If you're about to start working with XML in a
non-Windows environment and you're resource for that is MSDN, you are
going to get fired very soon.

Finally, far, far from all developers ever use Microsofts products. For
those developers, MSDN is just a slow, bloated pile of non-standardised
crap. Being one of those developers, developing for Microsoft products
only when absolutely necessary, I will never ever think that MSDN is the
most comprehensive collection of developer information on the net.

Regards,