[Javascript] urgent

Paul Novitski paul at novitskisoftware.com
Mon Apr 12 01:49:02 CDT 2004

Swati,

Speaking for myself, I have not responded to your original posting with a
solution in part because you have not described your programming project in
sufficient detail.  In order for me to actually write code to perform your
task, I would need a much clearer and more detailed explanation of the
program input and output, and I would need to see the relevant parts of the
HTML page it operates in.  I would also need to know if you are using a
server-side scripting language such as ASP or PHP.

Also, you have not asked about one specific problem you're struggling with,
but rather you seem to be describing a small application program you would
like someone to write for you.  While I enjoy contributing to listserves to
help people solve specific problems, I am not quite as enthusiastic about
writing an entire application for free.  I donate a lot of my time to
friends and to causes I believe in, but for a stranger's commercial venture
I would offer to write the program for a fee because that is how I make my
living.

I hope you won't find this response harsh.  I don't mean this unkindly, and
I sympathize with your sense of urgency.

I suggest that you post the HTML page you're working with, along with any
Javascript code that you have written so far.  I will be happy to help for
free with any problems I see in your scripting.  If you are looking for
someone to write the entire program for you, I am available to do that
work; please email me privately to discuss details.

Regards,

Paul