[Javascript] form mail question - newbie level

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Wed Apr 28 16:26:17 CDT 2004

John,

	The only way to do mail with client-side script is to make a
link something like this:

<a
href="mailto:thisaddress at thisdomain.com?subject=yaddayadda&body=somethin
gelse">

	Of course you can build this link dynamically in your script and
then set the target of an anchor tag or set the window.location.href
with it... But it does assume that your users will have a working email
client that the browser can call, and that they'll hit Send when the
message pops up.

Cheers,

Peter Brunone