[Javascript] Replacing link text with random string of equivalent size...

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Fri Aug 6 13:22:07 CDT 2004

i don't understand the scope of this request.  To make gibberish, why not just replace the
existing text with some transformation of it.  To reduce the concerns about round-tripping, just
store the original content so you can easily replace it.

   original text

gibberish(obj) {
   obj.originalContents = obj.innerHTML;
   obj.innerHTML = [[some means of mangling the contents- possibly using .replace() iteratively]]
   }

restore(obj) {
   obj.innerHTML = obj.originalContents;
   }

   For some really interesting effects, put these mouseovers on all the container objects on the
page.  I'm not really sure what you'd be illustrating with this, but once you have it working the
way you want, post a link to it so we can see it.