[Javascript] Creating a division on the fly

Flavio Gomes flavio at economisa.com.br
Tue Aug 10 07:27:29 CDT 2004

Matt Barton wrote:

>Morning.

Morning!

>Quick disclaimer: I've tested this in IE6/Win, and although I'm not aware of
>any IE specific stuff that I've used, I would want to bet the mortgage on
>cross-browser compatibility.  One of the more clued up subscribers to the
>group can hopefully comment on any heinous IE crimes I've commited ;)

This /clued up/ guy would be Hakan, but I'll try to fix it:

 On Mozilla FireFox there are two changes needed:

 * Your reference to /oSomeObject/ is invalid, so you should define it
before using:
   oSomeObject = document.getElementById("oSomeObject");
     (and this line should come after oSomeObject appearing on the HTML,
so I moved all the script to the end of the document.)
     (I think that IE won't allow this, so we should use some other
variable name.. like oObject.)

 * And the /event object/ need to be declared in order to be used on the
/fMouseMove/ function:
     function fMouseMove (event) { (...) }

Regards,

---