[Javascript] Thanks & follow-up, was: Handling child window visibility...

Shawn Milo ShawnMilo at runbox.com
Thu Aug 12 10:23:46 CDT 2004

Paul, Mat, and Hakan,

Thanks for the advice.  The following did the trick:

I do not want to force the window to remain on top,
so I will not be scripting the onblur event.

Follow-up question:  Although this works, it does not
bring up the window until the page has loaded (obviously),
and since the page is running some ASP code and reading
from a database, it could take a few seconds.  In that time,
the person could click the button again, thus re-starting
the entire process.

So is there a way to, from JavaScript included on the main
page, bring that window to the fore? If not, I suppose that
I could always disable the button temporarily, and replace
the button value with 'Please Wait'.  Ideas?

T Herman,

That is a very useful-looking script.  However, I can't
use it here, because the new window is being opened
by a form submission, not by a JavaScript event.

Thank, all!

Shawn