[Javascript] Thanks & follow-up, was: Handling child windowvisibility...

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Thu Aug 12 10:52:21 CDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 11:33 AM, Matt Barton wrote:

> Since you're creating the window with form submission, I don't think
> there's
> anyway you can reference the resultant window in javascript in the
> original
> page.  I'd love to be corrected, but to the best of my understanding it
> won't be possible.

I have used the 'disable the submit button' before and there are some
caveats.  I have had put the disable code into a function that is
called with a short setTimeout() because some browsers wouldn't include
the submit button in the form data if the button is diabled before th
form is submitted.  You could extend this technique to add a second
longer setTimeout() to re-enable the button.

Roger
Roger Roelofs                 web   www.datacompusa.com
Datacomp Appraisal Services   web   www.mhvillage.com
3215 Eaglecrest Drive, NE     Email rer at datacompusa.com