[Javascript] Need help with a javascript issue

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Thu Aug 19 07:29:57 CDT 2004

Alejandro,

On Aug 19, 2004, at 12:26 AM, Alejandro Celery wrote:

> Hi, mi name is Alejandro.
> I can´t get netscape communicator 7.1 to follow a link properly on a
> certain webpage. IE does so correctly. It is to send text messages to
> cell phones. I checked the page source and this code i´ve pasted
> appears in black. Does this mean that this code is not NS compatible?
> Is there any way to fix this, or the page was designed with only IE in
> mind?
> This is my first post to the list, I apologize if i infringe any house
> rules. Thanks for your time.
>
> Saludos (greetings).
> Alejandro.
> <!--
> function validainfotext(datos)
>         {
>                 if (valvacio(datos.celular.value)){alert("Ingrese el
> número de Celular que desea enviar el Info
> Text");datos.celular.focus();return false;}
>                 if (!isNumeric(datos.celular.value)){alert("El número
> de Celular que desea enviar el Info Text debe contener caracteres
> numéricos");datos.celular.select();return false;}
>                 if (datos.celular.value.length != 10){alert("El número
> de Celular debe contener 10 caracteres");datos.celular.select();return
> false;}
>                 if (valvacio(datos.remitente.value)){alert("Ingrese el
> Remitente del Info Text");datos.remitente.focus();return false;}
>                 //if (valvacio(datos.remitente.value))
>                 var cant = datos.remitente.value.length +
> datos.mensaje.value.length;
>                 if (cant >= 110)
>                 {
>                         alert("La cantidad de caracteres que utiliza
> para el remitente y el mensaje no debe superar los 110 caracteres y
> Ud. está utilizando" + cant + "");
>                         datos.mensaje.focus();
>                         return false;
>                 }
>         }
>
> function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
>   window.open(theURL,winName,features);
> }
> //-->

I don't see a problem with the code you posted.  The function
'valvacio' is used in this bit of code, but is not shown.  Can you post
a url to this page?  Debugging is much easier when we can see the whole
process.

Roger
Roger Roelofs                 web   www.datacompusa.com
Datacomp Appraisal Services   web   www.mhvillage.com