[Javascript] Print the contents of a variable into the source

Chris Nafziger CNafziger at sauder.com
Thu Aug 19 17:08:37 CDT 2004

Really need some help on this one...  Seemed easy enough at first...

nextpage='results.php?kbps=' + kbps;
// what can I do here to print the contents of the nextpage variable
somewhere in the source?
document.location.href=nextpage;

<!--nextpage=results.php?kbps=1500-->
Or
//nextpage=results.php?kbps=1500

...is what I need to see so it doesn't show up on the HTML page

It's a long story involving SQL running a scheduled stored proc that
executes pings, parses the results, summarizes the results, and sticks it in
a database, along with this kbps value, retrieved from the source via a
command line utility executed by the same stored procedure, so I end up with
a table containing a constantly accumulating summary of speed, latency, and
routing.

I just need to get the contents of that variable into the source, so my
parser can pick it up.

Changing the other two lines of code, the other pages in the web, et cetera,
is not an option.  Like I said... Long story.

How do I print the contents of a variable into the source?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information
which may be protected from disclosure under law, and is
intended solely for the use of the individual, group, or entity
to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one of the
named recipients, please notify the sender by e-mail and
other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  Thank you for
your assistance.