[Javascript] OT: Intro

Theresa Mesa clanmesa at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 5 16:21:32 CDT 2004

Dang. You know what? I know the difference. The class is Intro to
Javascripting, not Java.

My bad. ;-)

For an old fart (I'm 46 AND female--much in the minority), I'm pretty
techie. Know my way around InDesign and now Photoshop, and I'm taking a
class in Illustrator right now (a lot easier than I thought it'd be).
Next week I start Intro to PHP, Intro to CSS (my web design class's
section on CSS was pathetic)--yes, I know about the css-d list, Intro
to Javascripting, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)-The Write Way.
Of course, I was hand-coding text on a Compugraphic typesetting station
in 1979-80--probably before SGML was a glimmer in someone's eye. I'm
picking up on stuff real fast, and enjoy coding.

I'm working on a Mac--Panther 1-.3.4--and I know enough to stay out of
and get out of trouble abut 98% of the time. Used to have a PC, but
went back to the Mac, which I've been using since 1984.

This'll probably be the last you hear of me for a while. I'll be
reading and learning and running my graphic and web design biz. My
husband is a Webmaster who is also taking a Javascripting course at the
local college in the fall (as will I, for the credits)--assuming it
doesn't get cancelled for the 4th year in a row. I know enough about
Javascript to be really, really dangerous, that's how little I know (my
web design class's section on Javascript was equally pathetic). Once I
start actually compiling code, you'll hear from me and my husband.

Theresa Mesa
Mesa Design House
www.mesadesignhouse.com
webmaster at mesadesignhouse.com