[Javascript] Positioning in IE

Hakan Magnusson (Backbase) hakan at backbase.com
Mon Jul 26 11:54:26 CDT 2004

I'm not fighting over nothing.

I'm just trying to provide the correct answer to the original question,
since nobody else did. After doing so, I noted that other people
persistantly tried to prove other (IE-proprietary) solutions to be
correct, and I think it would be quite sad if mr Iztok Polanic whould
end up knowing even less than he did before asking the question in the
first place.

I, for one, like to keep my code standardised, structured, easily
maintainable and free from unneccesary clutter, browsers hacks and
workarounds. By doing so my code will stay cleaner, easier to modify and
it won't break down for people who use web browsers other than Internet
Explorer. This will also contribute to me improving as a coder, since I
will gain a larger scope of the field I've chosen to play on rather than
stubbornly staying with what I've got and what I know worked a couple of
years ago.

Furthermore, I have yet to find a situation where I need IE-proprietary
functionality to provide the required results (other than those found in
IE/MS-proprietary [web]applications, made with/for ActiveX, for
example). This makes me wonder why one would ever venture into the
proprietary domains of any browser, and thereby actively removing the
possible support on other/future platforms.

Oh, and yeah, I'm an asshole.

Regards,