[Javascript] Positioning in IE

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:04:03 CDT 2004

>From: "Hakan Magnusson (Backbase)" <hakan at backbase.com>

>I'm not fighting over nothing.
Sorry. But you are.

>I'm just trying to provide the correct answer to the original question,
>since nobody else did.

But you never did.
>Oh, and yeah, I'm an asshole.
We never said that.

   I gues,this is all my fault.
For never turning back to what I write when I hurry.
"glava.style.pixelLeft=500px"
Is a typing machinal mistake. There are two mistakes in the value, it was
stated as an integer but written as a string. Even a newbye shulld know that
added 'px' is to be removed from the value.

Cowan mentioned posLeft, that's even better, because it is even faster than
my proposal

                  glava.style.posLeft="500px"

Is the fastest coding syntax for dynamical positioning. Specially when
moving objects pixel by pixel.
Feel free to ask Why, Hakan.

As about compatibility, it is the coders perpetual mistake for writing
scripts that attempt to be recognised by every browser. Supporting more
browsers in your scripts opens the gate for more incompatibilities in future
releases, more browsers mean more browser specific variants of code.
So I wish you all happy codding.