[Javascript] Positioning in IE

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 13:36:39 CDT 2004

>From: "Matt Barton" <javascript at mattbarton.org>

>... I thought you were going to tell us something interesting about the
>'style.posLeft' attribute, rather than something obvious about document.all
>or document.getElementById.
But I did. 'Sorry you don't understand my english.
posLeft is a direct instruction and that's why it is faster than pixelLeft,
because pixelLeft adds or substracts from the existing value and while doing
so it consumes some processing power.
posLeft will simply overwrite the old value, thats why it is a bit faster.
Read it again:
> > ... the browser looks up previous
> > state than adds positive or negative value to the existing one. And this
> > means more processing. (but of course, with the P4 2.66 or 3.2 GHz you
>will
> > hardly notice the difference.)

And there is nothing interesting about a list of articles in the
marketplace, nothing at all in prices, nothing interesting in a dictionary,
nor in any fact or arbitrarily defined syntax of the scripts.  It is how it
is. Interesting is the way you achieve something not the achievement itself.
Different cathegories don't you agree? You should have written '...something
more important' but not interesting.
Are we getting smarter and smarter... You too are new to this forum as as
far as l remember. Pay some respect.