[Javascript] forms and js

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Mar 3 10:57:55 CST 2004

Paul McGuire wrote:

> I will try that now, I dont like it either, but believe me its unavoidable
> in the context of the whole application.

It may be "unavoidable" but it's also "illegal", so no matter what
workarounds you try, they're *not* guaranteed to work in compliant
UAs...

<http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-name>

   ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z]) and
   may be followed by any number of letters, digits ([0-9]),
   hyphens ("-"), underscores ("_"), colons (":"), and periods
   (".").

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.