[Javascript] Serious browser detection.

Håkan Magnusson hakan at backbase.com
Mon Mar 15 10:29:26 CST 2004

People,

I have my browser detection script, completely object based except for a
few small issues. These include detecting what VERSION of MacOS the user
is running, if using a Mac, and proper detection of Safari (currently
detecting by looking at userAgent) and furthermore which Safari version
is in use.

Basically, I am wondering if anybody know of a good way to detect MacOS
version (through any object/property, on all (major) browsers) and
Safari/Safari versions (through object based detection instead of
looking at userAgent).

Ideas?

Regards,
Hakan