[Javascript] table collapse bug in IE6? - border-spacing

Paul Novitski paul at dandemutande.org
Sun Mar 28 16:01:37 CST 2004

Håkan,

Thanks for mentioning CSS border-spacing.  Doesn't it map directly onto
HTML's table cellspacing attribute?  If so, perhaps Microsoft omitted the
"borderSpacing" because they do support cellSpacing.

If so, there are at least four ways to stipulate a
borderSpacing/cellSpacing of zero, the CSS method being non-IE-compatible:

CSS: table {border-spacing: 0}
HTML: <table cellspacing="0" ...>
client script: document.createElement('table cellspacing="0"');
client script: oTable.cellSpacing = 0;

Paul