[Javascript] new subscriber & Annotated JavaScript Project

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Mon May 3 19:03:54 CDT 2004

>How much do you have in the way of scripts that need to be commented?  I can

Can't recall if I answered this (up to my eyebrows working on a last minute
shopping cart...)

>take a few to comment, if you want to do it by e-mail or something.  In
>addition,
>I can go through my personal stash and pull out any functions I think are
>useful.
>You can take a look at them and see if they are of interest, and I can
>comment and
>submit them.

We only have a few scripts commented, a few alert box type scripts. We want
to start out with most commonly used or asked for scripts, and the most
useful I suppose. Annotated functions would be great to add as well.
Scripts need to be annotated heavily, practically line by line. This fits
with some folk's learning styles, as well is good for refresher for others,
and for those who like to delve deeply into scripting.

>Perhaps you can generate interest by asking this and other groups, including
>newsgroups, to submit their most useful functions.  I'm sure plenty of people
>would love to show off their work.  Kind of like I did when I shared my
>"world times" and password validation scripts.

That's a good idea, actually.

Thanks for the suggestion,
David

Director of Integrated Technology