[Javascript] OT: Server-side Scripting / Maintaining state

Chris T christ at saeweb.com
Tue May 11 13:33:09 CDT 2004

> Since we're continuing off course...
>
>    ASP.NET actually has a solution to the webfarm/session problem (and
they've made session use a lot less clumsy in terms of memory), and there's
built-in support for cookie-less sessions as well.  You can even tell the
process to use SQL Server to store session info...

I was aware of that, but didn't want to bring it up because I'm still a
little confused on how it handles sessions.

.Net really uses a lot of forms to pass info along - the ViewState. I think
that's how it maintains much of its sessions across multiple servers, but
I'm not sure so I didn't want to go in-depth.  Does anyone know for sure?