[Javascript] [OT ]popup window close

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Thu May 13 11:15:47 CDT 2004

Paul,

On May 13, 2004, at 11:57 AM, Paul McGuire wrote:

> Its actually reporting on a database... so the query is expected to
> take a
> while. I just need a courtesy message so people dont think its crashed.

I've run into this more than once.  The best solution I've come up with
is to add an empty div near the submit button.  Then onSubmit, add some
text or an animated gif to the div to appease the users.

Keep in mind that some broswers have shorter default timeout values, so
if this is not an internal app, you may have some users whose browsers
give up before the query is done.

Roger
Roger Roelofs                www.datacompusa.com
Datacomp Appraisal Services  www.mhvillage.com

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live"
	-- John F. Woods