[Javascript] Looking for CR/LF

Tim Makins spindrift at oceanfree.net
Tue Nov 9 05:13:53 CST 2004

Hi to all: I have a text box, and will paste in to it multi-line text such
as:

apples,1,4545,23,foo,foo
pear,34,32,56,foo,foo
banana,765,4465,332,frog,bat

I will then grab the contents and put it into a string.

What I want to do then is to separate each *line* in the string; to do that
I need to loop through it until I find the carriage-return/linefeed.

I *could* do it using

textarea_string = escape(F1.textbox.value);
String.prototype.replace = replace_string;
var replaced_string = textarea_string.replace("%0D%0A", ";");

and then look for ';' but I might have 3000 lines to deal with, which takes
too long, and converts lots of other things I don't want converting.

How else can I spot the position of each carriage-return/linefeed ???

Tim in Ireland.