[Javascript] onerror Event Handler

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 14 13:17:07 CST 2004

I am experimenting with the onerror event handler and the results are fairly
unimpressive thus far. I am at presently interested ONLY in MSIE 6 on
Windows.

This is my test page:
http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/TestErrorHandler.htm

and of the three errors there, only one is caught. The code in the page is
fairly small and succint if you want to look at it. Is there anything more
that can be done or is this the best that can be hoped for?

I will add that quirksmode.com claims that this event works on IE6:
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_compinfo.html

but his test page:
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events/window.html

actually fails somewhat miserably for me--on IE6 on two different Windows 2K
machines and one Windows 2K Server machine I do NOT see the majority of the
events working, including click, keydown, keypress, keyup, mousedown,
mouseup, onerror.

Anyone have any different results?

Thanks,
Hershel