[Javascript] onerror Event Handler

Peter-Paul Koch pp.koch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:33:52 CST 2004

> I will add that quirksmode.com claims that this event works on IE6:
> http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_compinfo.html
>
> but his test page:
> http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events/window.html
>
> actually fails somewhat miserably for me--on IE6 on two different Windows 2K
> machines and one Windows 2K Server machine I do NOT see the majority of the
> events working, including click, keydown, keypress, keyup, mousedown,
> mouseup, onerror.

How extremely odd. Yes, the error test fails in all browsers on all
levels. I'm not sure why; and I AM pretty sure it worked fine when I
last updated this table (about a year ago), or I wouldn't have written
down this compatibility info.

Page updated; but I don't really have an explanation.

As to the key events, they should be set on document level, not on
window level. Part of the point of this series of tests is to see on
which level the event handlers should be defined: window, document,
documentElement or body. So if an event fails on window level, check
it on document level.