[Javascript] Changing window properties on load

Paul Novitski paul at novitskisoftware.com
Mon Sep 20 20:46:36 CDT 2004

At 05:10 PM 9/20/2004, Innerlab wrote:
>I am posting a form to a document that opens a new browser window. I dont
>want this new browser window to have address bar, toolbar,
>scrolbar and so on.
>
>If I'd use window.open() that's be easy, but I'd have to send all the form
>data in the querystring, and I want to avoid that.
>
>How can I eliminate all those things in a  <body onload =  etc  instruction ?

If as I suspect it proves impossible to eliminate browser features after
the window has already been opened, I can suggest ways of getting form data
to your child window without passing it all on the querystring.

A client-side solution would be for the parent window to write the data to
the user's cookie and for the child window to read.

A server-side solution would be to add a minimal key to the child window's
URL (such as http://something.asp?id=12345) requesting form data stored on
the server; the server-side script would compose the html for the child
window with the appropriate input field values pre-set.

Paul