[Javascript] vs vbscript

Cutter (JS) java.script at seacrets.com
Fri Apr 15 07:57:21 CDT 2005

My $.02

For server-side processing, if you have control of your server, I would
suggest  ColdFusion CFML
(http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/index.html) on top to
BlueDragon Free Server
(http://www.newatlanta.com/c/products/bluedragon/download/home bottom of
the page) with a MySQL db (5.0.3 beta just released supporting stored
procedures, views, and triggers). ColdFusion is very easy to learn, with
tons of tutorials online. Very good for RAD, less code than most other
server-side languages, and a large, devoted developer community (check
out houseoffusion.com for their CF-Talk list). ColdFusion processing
servers (CFMX and BlueDragon) are available for multiple OS platforms as
well. Since Macromedia's purchase of Allaire, ColdFusion has gained
serious ground, especially after their release of ColdFusion MX. And
hey, if it's good enough for VictoriaSecrets.com it's good enough for me;)

Cutter