[Javascript] event bubbling/propagation problem

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Tue Apr 26 08:33:09 CDT 2005

I have read many tutorials and articles on event capturing and
propagation and bubbling but there's evidently something that I don't
yet understand.

On my page <http://afclt.org> the button to switch languages calls
javascript to change the display values of the two <div>s. This works
except for one thing: in IE the screen display doesn't move but in
Mozilla the "link" button shifts to the top of the screen. In other
words, IE does just the div switching (I've stopped the
bubbling/propagation) but Mozilla does both.

How can I get Mozilla to not move the display?

(This just occurred to me. Is the problem that Mozilla shifts the screen
*first*? If so, how do I get Mozilla to ignore the event at that stage
and go on to do the <div> switching?)

--
"Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know."
	-- Michel de Montaigne