[Javascript] Re: two javascript oddities

gregorinator gregorinator at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:39:22 CDT 2005

On 4/27/05, Anne McPeak <amcpeak at hudsonreview.com> wrote:
> Assuming that you took a look at the source, this is getting more and more
> mysterious ... the thing is, I have uploaded that file, many times. And when
> I look at the source online, that file is listed, exactly as it should be.
> So why doesn't it appear???

Okay, it turns out that your Web server is case-sensitive.  However,
when you uploaded this file, you named it "FULL-TEXT-TOCwi05.js".
Note that the extension ".js" is in lower case.  But when you
reference it in the archive page, it's ".JS" -- upper case -- not the
same file.  Rename the copy on your Web server to use ".JS" (or change
your archive page to call out ".js") and it should work.

BTW, I _always_ use _all_ lower case in all my file names to avoid
this problem.  But that's just me.

gs