[Javascript] Re: two javascript oddities

Shawn Milo shawn.milo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:54:43 CDT 2005

Anne,

Gregor nailed it exactly. I found that I couldn't retrieve the file in
question with a batch file containing these lines:

wget http://www.hudsonreview.com/javascript/FULL-TEXT-TOCwi05.JS
wget http://www.hudsonreview.com/javascript/FULL-TEXT-TOCau04.JS
wget http://www.hudsonreview.com/javascript/FULL-TEXT-TOCsu04.JS
wget http://www.hudsonreview.com/javascript/FULL-TEXT-TOCsp04.JS
wget http://www.hudsonreview.com/javascript/FULL-TEXT-TOCwi04.JS
wget http://www.hudsonreview.com/javascript/FULL-TEXT-TOCau03.JS
wget http://www.hudsonreview.com/javascript/FULL-TEXT-TOCsu03.JS

But when I changed the 05 file's extension to js (lower-case), I had no problem.
It's the way your web server is set up, but it's actually a good
thing. I also agree
with Gregor's method of always using all-lower-case filenames.

Shawn

On 4/27/05, Mike Dougherty <mdougherty at pbp.com> wrote:
> Is there a cached version stuck in the browser?  You might need to change the refresh interval to
> "every visit to the page" from "automatically" or some browser-specific equivalent to that msIE
> language.
>
> Is the file on the server locked so the upload is happening, but the actual file is not being
> overwritten?  Try deleting the file completely.  Then hit the page.  If it still loads after
> you've deleted the file - you've got another kind of problem :)  Once the file is removed, the
> file upload should be successful (assuming the problem is a file lock)
>
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:32:59 -0400
>   "Anne McPeak" <amcpeak at hudsonreview.com> wrote:
> >I have uploaded FULL-TEXT-TOCwi05.JS a number of times now, and to the correct place (unless I'm
> >having a momentary delusion!). I have always transferred all the JavaScript files in their
> >folder, which has worked in the past; this time I've tried doing that as well as transferring
> >that individual file by itself. So far, no luck. Could there be something wrong in that file that
> >is impeding it from transferring correctly? (Thank you both for your suggestions so far!)
> >
> >Anne

Voicemail any time at:
206-666-MILO