[Javascript] script no go - a Question

Triche Osborne wdlists at triche-osborne.com
Sun Aug 7 16:46:37 CDT 2005

Schalk Neethling wrote:
> Thanks Triche, but unfortunately still no go. I do have the ul tagged as
> <ul id="nav"> so I do not believe this is causing the problems. Also
> splitting to two lines as you suggested did not fix it.

Just out of curiosity, now that you found the CSS problem are you still
using the original compound call (below)?

<script type="text/javascript"
src="javascript/global.js">window.onload=startList;</script>

Here's why I ask: I use a variation of the Suckerfish menus on a couple
of my own sites. After your first post, I tested the compound call above
on my own document (substituting my own file names, of course). The menu
ceased working. Only after I restored the split calls did it work again.
	Just to check, I tried the compound format to call a small JS file
which does nothing but calculate today's date while issuing a very
simple alert() command where your window.onload statement is above.
Although the linked file calculates the date properly (I printed it
later on the page to be sure), the alert doesn't fire--but the JS
console shows no errors.
	I was just curious to know if you were able to get the compound call to
function.

Triche