[Javascript] script no go - a Question

Schalk Neethling schalk at volume4.com
Sun Aug 7 17:46:54 CDT 2005

Triche

No, I am using your split call.

Triche Osborne wrote:

> Schalk Neethling wrote:
>
>> Thanks Triche, but unfortunately still no go. I do have the ul tagged
>> as <ul id="nav"> so I do not believe this is causing the problems.
>> Also splitting to two lines as you suggested did not fix it.
>

> Just out of curiosity, now that you found the CSS problem are you
> still using the original compound call (below)?
>
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="javascript/global.js">window.onload=startList;</script>
>
> Here's why I ask: I use a variation of the Suckerfish menus on a
> couple of my own sites. After your first post, I tested the compound
> call above on my own document (substituting my own file names, of
> course). The menu ceased working. Only after I restored the split
> calls did it work again.
>     Just to check, I tried the compound format to call a small JS file
> which does nothing but calculate today's date while issuing a very
> simple alert() command where your window.onload statement is above.
> Although the linked file calculates the date properly (I printed it
> later on the page to be sure), the alert doesn't fire--but the JS
> console shows no errors.
>     I was just curious to know if you were able to get the compound
> call to function.
>
> Triche

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Business.Solution.Developers
Landlines
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
Web
email:schalk at volume4.com
Global: www.volume4.com
Messenger
Yahoo!: v_olume4
AOL: v0lume4
MSN: volume4_ at hotmail.com

We support OpenSource
Get Firefox!- The browser reloaded - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original email. Thank you.