[Javascript] JavaScript stoplight chart

Webber, Ward ward.webber at boeing.com
Tue Aug 23 15:58:09 CDT 2005

I need to build a dynamic stoplight chart on a web page. The approach
I'm thinking of so far would just color table cells red, yellow, or
green, with an R, Y, or G in them. I'd rather not set up a database
behind it because I'd like to read the information from documents my
users have to update daily anyway (I can't rely on them to also
consistently fill in a status form to feed a database). Possibly
requiring them to append an R, Y, or G to the updated filename would
work, and I could parse the filename.

Has anyone had to work on this or a similar problem?