[Javascript] JavaScript stoplight chart

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 20:51:20 CDT 2005

On 8/24/05, Webber, Ward <ward.webber at boeing.com> wrote:
> I need to build a dynamic stoplight chart on a web page. The approach
> I'm thinking of so far would just color table cells red, yellow, or
> green, with an R, Y, or G in them. I'd rather not set up a database
> behind it because I'd like to read the information from documents my
> users have to update daily anyway (I can't rely on them to also
> consistently fill in a status form to feed a database). Possibly
> requiring them to append an R, Y, or G to the updated filename would
> work, and I could parse the filename.
>
> Has anyone had to work on this or a similar problem?

I'm not 100% sure what your asking. Are you saying that you basically
want a script that gets a status and shows the right colour for that
status? And where are you changing the status? What's wrong with
having a file, that has a form for updating the status (select box),
and having the javascript query the server for that file and get the
status from that?
Then some CSS maybe to change the colour of a box?

Tim