[Javascript] mozilla & doctype Bug

Laurent Muchacho elmuchacho at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:38:27 CDT 2005

Hi

I have a small problem I'm trying to simply change the width of a div with javascript like so

html:
    hello

javascript:
document.getElementById('myDiv').style.width = '100';

Usually this work fine crossbrowser in my code when I don't use any doctype but soon as I place a doctype in my html code firefox stop working and I can't change the width, height, left, top of my div. This behavior happen with any doctype applied to the html.

I know most of us will think let's remove the doctype and this is sorted but my page need to have a doctype as I'm using css position and if I remove it the display get all funny and the page doesn't validate any more.

I hope someone can help and sorry if this as already been discussed in the list I been away for little while from the list.

Thanks