[Javascript] User Experience: mousedown vs click

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:00:08 CDT 2005

Well, that's up to you and your decision only.

Sometimes you are forced to use both the onmouse and the onclick event at
once and you will be very happy that both events exist in one mouse click.
using onmousedown to change the value of some action, and executing it only
after you are very sure that the value is updated just in time to get
executed will be experienced like lifesaving.

Selfmaiden buttons, will require all of the click fazes to get the job well
done. mosedown mouseup and finally the click for setting appropirate
properties and the look.

But the end-user is not required to know or be aware about any of this.

regards