[Javascript] User Experience: mousedown vs click

Hakan hakan at backbase.com
Wed Jul 13 10:58:51 CDT 2005

I've never used the onclick event, since it's just a combination of
mousedown and mouseup on the same element, and absolutely nothing else.
It can be perfectly simulated by controlling these two events, and you
never actually need the onclick event.

The onclick event is confusing, since generally people don't seem to
know if it fires when you press the mouse button or when you release it.

Regards,