[Javascript] An image loader working in FF but not in Opera, Safari...

Guillaume javascript at webdesignofficina.com
Thu Jul 14 05:38:58 CDT 2005

Timothy thanks because this is exactly what i want to do...
I have a div displaying a loading message above ( masking ) another div
in wich is my image to load...
When the image is loaded, the masking div is removed...
For accessibility i'd like not to hide the image with css as visitors
without Js enabled will never see anything if the Js not starts...
The mask on the other hand is hidden with css and fired / removed with
Js, for the same reasons.
I have setup two examples:
My attempt <http://www.hablablow.com/devX/loadTest2/testXXX5.htm>, wich
apparently does nothing ( on Safari Opera etc... ), except if you look
at it with Firefox does it job perfectly.
The attempt we built with Roger Roelofs
<http://www.hablablow.com/devX/loadTest2/testXXX2.htm> wich is working
cross browser with the addition of a fading mask effect ( wich will be
removed ).
I think this last script is nearly perfect ( thanks to Roger ) but has
still one downside: the loading message within the masking div doesn't
fire early enough, so you'll see the image loading 1 second before the
mask is displayed.
If you could help us as you mention this would be a relative easy script
to build, i would be delighted...
Thanks a lot...

Guillaume.