[Javascript] Is this form control by Javascript

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Sun May 1 13:55:08 CDT 2005

I might add that a lot of "e-commerce" sites are now moving to 3-tier
validation, namely

I.    While the entry is being typed in (thereby catching and correcting
gotcha's during initial input)

II.    Again, prior to handing off as a "submit" posting to the server,
(usually in an encrypted stream using a one-time session key)

III.    Once more when the server receives the encrypted session variables
being passed, and verifies the authenticity of the key.

The last stage is where it usually runs the sums of all the prices, etc. to
make sure that all the values are in fact not only grammatically and
syntactically correct, but that the numbers "work" in the context of the
order (or whatever).

Some of this stuff is coming out of Sarbanes-Oxley, some out of HIPPA (C),
and some out of the new ISO standards for electronic transaction servicing.
What is optional today may be required tomorrow, so I'd get on board with
these methods as soon as time permits.

If you don't, the bad-guys will eat you for lunch!

-- Dave Lovering