[Javascript] Firefox - write to form boxes

diego nunes dnunes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:57:33 CST 2005

On 03/11/05, Troy III Ajnej <trojani2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> That's about it. FF is still very young browser
    You must be kidding. I just can't believe. You don't know of what
you're talking about, and that's for sure.

> and way to sllow, I manage
> to open more than 10 IE browser windows before one FF window gets up and
> initialize.
    Because IE is preloaded with the OS. Everybody knows that the
"windows explorer" share a lot of DLL's and system processes with
Internet Explorer. FF have to load everything from the beginning.

> Still lots of bugs.
    Don't you know Secunia?! If you pass there, you'll see who have a
lot of bugs (and which have the more dangerous ones unpatched).

> No error alerts, no source editor, ...etc
    Error alerts? More? JavaScript console is so far superior to IE's
old debug engine that is ridiculous discuss it.

> What is the purpose of source view if you can't edit it? Not coder friendly.
> Error reports, in so called 'javascript console' are more like warnings or
> of no use at all;
    I really don't need to argue about what JavaScript's debug engine
is better. And the editor... IE doesn't let you edit the source, too.
Notepad do. The same with FF.

> Quote:
> "Warning: Element referenced by ID/NAME in the global scope. Use W3C
> standard document.getElementById() instead." -Really!?
    Oh, yeah. If you weren't a IE-Developer, you wouldn't even get
this error, cause you would use the correct and standard way.

> >My version (1.0) says: parent.map.F7 has no properties. Helpful or what?!
> It should have at least stated: statement not recognized, -could make more
> sense than that!
    It's just saying that the object that you tried to reference to
don't have the property with the name you used. Again, if you do a
correct code, you wouldn't get this error, but even with a buggy code
you can easily discover the problem, just using the standard's element
reference ways.

  Amplexos.

--
diego nunes