[Javascript] DOM book

Lee Underwood leeu at cfl.rr.com
Sun Oct 9 00:46:13 CDT 2005

Troy,

The link was for a download of the entire book, including several bonus
chapters, which is illegal, no matter what the reasons. The way to check
out the book is to go look at it in a book store. To share the download is
illegal, and it puts an undue legal burden on the owners of this list. It's
just like file sharing with music. It doesn't matter that the intention was
for someone to review the book. It's illegal, plain and simple.

To quote from the End-User License Agreement, "You may make only one copy
of the Software for backup or archival purposes.... You may not copy or
reproduce the Software through a LAN or other network system or through any
computer subscriber system or bulletin-board system."

I don't think any of us wants to get involved in copyright violations.

Lee