[Javascript] RE: Font size control bar

Laurent Muchacho elmuchacho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:56:54 CDT 2005

Hi Barry,

If I understand right you must do something like this.
You should includes the js file called "styleswitcher.js" in the source of
the file you will like to change the font and not in the framed popup like
that you don't have to do any change to the javascript function inside this
file.
Now in your frames popup window (this are 2 word defining evil) you must
call the function first by referencing the main window and the opener who I
guess will be something like this

top.window.opener.fontsizedown() I have not tested this but it should work

That way you actually calling the function from the page you will like the
font to be changed.

ps: if you trying to improve accessibility with this feature, I'm sorry to
tell you that you are shooting yourself in the foot because 1) the popup
aproach is really unfriendly and not accessible 2) frameset are not
recommended when building almost anything and specially not when building
accessibility functionnality. 3) I see a lot of this kind of functionnality
implemented in site but the best so far was in this site
http://www.dover.gov.uk/textsize.asp they actually trying to educate the
user by discovering the functionnality in there browser.

Regards

Laurent