[Javascript] window.close () not catched

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Apr 24 10:20:01 CDT 2006

On Apr 24, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Guillaume wrote:

> Except in Safari: this browser allows the window.close only when
> the window is opened first.
> If you browse to the second image inside this window the
> window.close does not work anymore...
>
> Any idea why ?

Can you point to a live example we can look at?   I vaguely recall
Safari having some odd security-related handling of window
management.  You might try replacing window.close() with self.close
(), or maybe making a reference back to the parent window to close
from there, e.g. parent.openedWindowObject.close().

Peace,
Scott