[Javascript] window.close () not catched

Guillaume javascript at webdesignofficina.com
Mon Apr 24 10:36:45 CDT 2006

Scott,

> On Apr 24, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Guillaume wrote:
>
>> Except in Safari: this browser allows the window.close only when  the
>> window is opened first.
>> If you browse to the second image inside this window the
>> window.close does not work anymore...
>>
>> Any idea why ?
>

> Can you point to a live example we can look at?

Sure, go to:
http://www.louiscarre.fr/artistes/olivier-debre

Clic the thumbnails in the middle of the page, it'll open another
window. If you are on Safari you'll be able to close the window using
the black button when it's first opened. If you browse to next or
previous image, this button will not work anymore.

>   I vaguely recall  Safari having some odd security-related handling
> of window  management.  You might try replacing window.close() with
> self.close (),

Doesn't self.close() close the window after a certain amount of time ?
Can I use it as a regular window.close routine and simply replace it
then with self.close (),