[Javascript] JS Marquee Scroller Question

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Aug 3 10:04:21 CDT 2006

At 1:55 PM +0000 8/3/06, Troy III Ajnej wrote:
>  >
>It works on my Mac in Safari and FireFox. IE get's it wrong, but what's new there?
>
>The news is:
>I just got back from IE preview and I didn't see any of the quirks
>you've mentioned.

Did you preview "IE for the Mac" ? I said I did not test it on other
OS's, just Mac. IE for the Mac IMO is the worst of the bunch --
there's a lot wrong with it.

>  > Any comments will be appreciated.
>>  Quirk 1: At the end of a nine image sequence, the sequence goes blank
>>  for three frames.
>
>I would say: The sequence goes blank for exactly 336 px.
>(but since this length matches the width of 3 images of their actual size,
>we might accept this as an alternative definition of it's width)

Yep, that's the way I designed it.

>  >Why?
>
>That's because you are using "marquee"!
>-snip-
>This means that its not a roller, its a strip acting exactly as it should.

It may be acting exactly as it should, but I would like to see image
1 immediately follow image 9. Any ideas as to how to make that happen?

>  > Quirk 2: Occasionally, the scroll will freeze. Again, why?
>This might be caused by some background process and it depends
>on system stability mainly.
>Rarely a coding issue, but at the edge of thoughts,
>-you've broken your round corner box so the browser display
>stability might get compromised.
>Correct that and see if it freezes again.

That's a strange thing -- it's fixed now, but in doing so I broke
validation. Validation has problems with the end marque tag.

tedd
--
-------