[Javascript] Textareas

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Mon Aug 7 12:54:41 CDT 2006

		Hi Terry,

   I'm not sure what's available for strict DOM browsers, but in IE you may be able to catch the onscroll event and record the position (though I'm not entirely sure how to get it with the available properties), and then adjust it with the doScroll method after loading the page again.  Maybe the onscroll event only advances a specific amount each time, in which case you could use that to your advantage.

HTH,

Peter

				From: Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com

Is there a way to remember the scroll value of a textarea, and upon
reload scroll to that spot again. Basically I would like to save the
current scroll value to a hidden field, then when the form is
submitted the server has that value, then when the page is displayed
again it will auto scroll to that spot. I can handle all of the
server side stuff. I just need to know how to find the scroll value,
and how to scroll to that value.

Thanks for any help?