[Javascript] no JS on a JS mailing list? (was: Code optimization)

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Tue Aug 8 14:07:40 CDT 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Lee Underwood wrote:

> I used Eudora and it's not broken. Eudora is used by millions of
> people.

I know.  That's why I said I'm surprised to hear Eudora doesn't
follow the ten-year-old RFC [1], which is very clear about the "text/
plain" content-type:

"4.1. Text Media Type

...Plain text does not provide for or allow formatting commands, font
attribute specifications, processing instructions, interpretation
directives, or content markup..."

Everything marked "text/plain" is plain text.  Terry did nothing
wrong in sending <html></html> tags.  I don't even know if Eudora
actually does anything wrong, but Paul's description makes it sound
like it does.  I hope Eudora users don't take their email client so
personally that they find discussion of potential problems personally
insulting.  It's only software.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2046#page-6

Peace,
Scott