[Javascript] JS Marquee - Advanced!

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 13 12:30:29 CDT 2006

I see that my original rep has not found it's way to this list!
Here it is again rewritten.
********
It is the B-O-Mark that can (rarely) cause problems, not the UTF-8 itself!
http://validator.w3.org/check
cite:
"The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known
to cause problems for some text editors and older browsers. You may
want to consider avoiding its use until it is better supported."Besides:Try, view, source of the same document or
http://validator.w3.org
and see if you can find the charset meta anywhere.
Since you will not... -there isn't one!

Further:
My dynamic pages rarely exceed 4k, even when all of css and js is
included. So first 4k will be more than enough for me.
In many cases, the very first newline character will correctly
reveal it, although, I personally encourage everyone to give the correct description
of it; -Of course, if they're sure on what type of encoding they've used while saving
the document. Since you can not set it, you can only describe it!
-And that is where we all get confused, -even the great Rasmus Lerdorf the founder.

Not that I've red it anywhere but:
The charset encoding depends on your choice while first naming and saving your
document from your chosen editor, not on your meta description.
The browser might take you for your word and try to read/render the document
according to your wrong description. But most browsers are smart and the first
encountered mismatch they fallback to auto-detection and re-read the content using
the correct encoding/decoding scheme.

But after all, I only think that it is recommended (for now) to avoid saving the doc on aps
that will write the BOM without prompt. Till now, I don't know of any that will prompt
you for that.

Anyway:
It is all up to your decision.

Regards