[Javascript] Wolter Zorn's Drag and Drop Script

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Tue Aug 29 20:09:13 CDT 2006

Roger, All,

Thanks, I was able to sort of get things working with IE. I guess I
will put off support for IE till later. I have a question about using
other peoples libraries, and specifically using Walter Zorn's
library. I think my understanding is limited here. I have
successfully implemented Walter Zorn's library to do some pretty cool
stuff with a Photo Album application. I can select multiple images
(using a technique presented earlier for my file manager), and I can
drag and drop them onto drop zones. It all works pretty nicely, but
what I want to do is detect a plain old mouse click on some other
part of the screen (to deselect my selected images), but I am afraid
of breaking something, and am not sure if I should be looking at
Walter's code (most of which looks foreign to me) for an answer. I
think the answer to this question will go a long way to helping mold
my understanding of OOP into something a little more useful.

Thanks for any help.

Terry Riegel