[Javascript] Re: sounds

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sat Jun 24 11:06:26 CDT 2006

>>I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask, but with respect to my sound query, would those interested, please review:
>>http://xn--ovg.com/snd
>
>Worked fine in Portable Firefox 1.5.0.4, on XP SP2 PC.

 -snip-

>Additional Notes:
>
>(1) Using Eudora 5.1 on XP SP2, when clicking on the http://xn--ovg.com/snd link in the email, I get a "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded" alert. I can, however, copy the URL into my Firefox browser and all is well.
>
>(2) With I.E. 7 beta 2, I get a "This web address contains letters or symbols that cannot be displayed with the current language settings" but it still allowed me to play the sounds.

The above problems stem from Eudora and IE not being able to handle Unicode characters.

I don't understand why companies that want to sell overseas AND not understand the buyers language -- another topic..

>(3) There is a JavaScript article at http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/noclicktoactivate.html which gives some info on how to avoid click-to-activate found in I.E. 6+ and sometimes in Opera 9+.

David:

Thanks for the link and your time.

I didn't post (will next time) -- whenever anyone accesses one of my test sites, all of their browser and OS data is recorded and sent to me automatically. There's no need for anyone to take the time to tell me their specifics -- I already have it.

tedd